December 1, 2009

Wednesday's Chow - Shrimp Spread

This is the time of the year for parties and more often than not, pot luck parties....so here's a quick appetizer to take along as your contribution.

Shrimp Spread

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Miracle Whip
4 1/2 oz. canned shrimp (rinsed and drained)
1/3 cup minced onion
1/8 tsp. garlic salt

Combine cream cheese and Miracle Whip and mix until blended smoothly. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and chill overnight. Serve with crackers. Makes 2 cups.

Anna Kathryn Lanier
Where Tumbleweeds Hang Their Hats
http://www.aklanier.com/

8 comments:

LuAnn said...

I'm not a shrimp eater but I know several people who are so I might just have to pass this recipe on to them!

Anonymous said...

sounds very good and simple, I like simple especially right now.

Love you

Karen H said...

This sounds so yummy! I'm adding it to my recipe box right now.

Estella said...

Sounds easy and good!

Huguette En said...

I love shrimps! This sounds delicious, will try it during the holidays! Thanks :)

Judy said...

Being from the South, I love any seafood :) We make a recipe somewhat like this during the holidays. It is delicious and very simple.

Detra Fitch at newbp@yahoo.com said...

I am printing all of these recipes out. Eventually, I will try them all.

Anonymous said...

This sounds very good. I will making it this holiday season for sure. Thanks for all the recipes that you share.