December 12, 2009

Holiday Cheer - Gum Drop Cookies

I have never made these, but they sound like fun and I may well make them soon.

Gum Drop Cookies

Ingredients

2 eggs
1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
8 oz sour cream
½ cup shortening
2 ¾ cups flour
1 tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups gumdrops, chopped

Directions

Cream eggs and brown sugar together. Add sour cream and shortening. Mix well. Combine dry ingredients together and blend into cream mixture. Fold in gumdrops. Drop by tablespoon 2 inches apart on greased and floured cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove from pan immediately to cool on wire racks.
Tomorrow's recipe: Sugar and Spice Pecans
May love and light fill your home and heart at Hanukkah. ~Author Unknown

10 comments:

Karen H said...

These sound good, but I'm not sure that I would like them since I'm not a big fan of gum drops.

Sherry Gloag said...

My grand daughter loves cooking/baking, I think I'll send this recipe to her for Christams.
Thanks for sharing.

LuAnn said...

These sound like great fun! I'm sure my grandkids would adore these.

Donna Caubarreaux said...

I've had a fruit cake made with fruit slices...it was good.

So these cookies should be good as well. And pretty!

Judy said...

I have never heard of this recipe or any recipe with gumdrops. I like gumdrops, especially the red ones :) This is another keeper to try. Thanks!!!

Estella said...

My grandsons will love these!

Anonymous said...

Dang. No one here likes gum drops. This is the only recipe that I am passing on. However, I believe a coworker of mine may enjoy it since she eat jelly beans a lot. I think I will send it to her.

Anonymous said...

I don't even like gumdrops- But these are a holiday favorite- LOVED by all family members & to take to cookie exchanges, they are some of the first to go! I saw this recipie years ago & lost it- So glad you posted it!!!

Anonymous said...

We use the smaller version of gum drops- spice drops! YUM

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

So glad you stopped by. I forgot I'd posted this recipe (3 years ago, lol), So nice of you to comment to remind me about it. Enjoy the cookies!