December 10, 2009

Holiday Cheer - Blondies

Here's a different kind of 'brownie' for your next holiday gathering.

BLONDIES

Ingredients
2 cups (12 oz) white chocolate chips, divided
¼ cup ( ½ stick) of butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Powdered sugar

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 13X9 baking pan.
In a large saucepan over low heat, milt 1 cup of white chocolate chips and butter. Remove from heat. Stir in the flour and baking powder until blended. Add sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in pecans and remaining white chocolate chips until blended. Spoon into greased baking pan.


Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cool. Lightly dust with powdered sugar. Makes 2 dozen.

Tomorrow's recipe: Cookies in a Jar


There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child. ~ Erma Bombeck, I Lost Everything in the Post-Natal Depression

5 comments:

LuAnn said...

This is a great recipe! Thanks.

Huguette En said...

Sounds great!

Karen H said...

This recipe sounds really good and a little different too. This is the first time I've seen Blondies with white chocolate chips. I wonder what they would taste like with Macadamia nuts instead of pecans?

Judy said...

I have never tried Blondies. I have seen the recipe often. I will copy this recipe and make some for New Years!! I love trying new recipes (especially the sweet kind)

Anonymous said...

I love these. I've not had them in a long time.