December 23, 2009

Holiday Cheer - Cinnamon Pan Cookies



Cinnamon Pan Cookies


Ingredients

2 sticks butter, melted
1 cup sugar
½ tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg yolk
2 ½ cups flour
1 cup chopped nuts
1 egg yolk
Powdered sugar

Directions


Preheat oven 350°. Mix butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon egg yolk, flour and nuts (in order). Batter will be very dry. Pat into an 11x15-inch cookie pan. Beat egg white until foamy and spread thinly over batter. Brown in oven 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar and cut cookies while still hot.

Tomorrow's recipe: Sparkling Cranberry Punch

Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas. ~
Dale Evans

8 comments:

LuAnn said...

I love making bar cookies! These sound wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Yum, these look great!!! I'm going to make them today!

Tessy

Judy said...

Oh these look great also. Already printed it!! I love all these recipes. I have already made several!!

Thanks!!

I have been meaning to tell you I all the quotes you are putting at the bottom of each post:)

Barbara Edwards said...

These recipes are doing major damage to my waistline. They are terrific. This one is in the oven right now and the kitchen smells good.
Barbara

robynl said...

I have never baked cookies this way- in a pan and then cut after baking. Sounds interesting and they sound yummy.

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

Barbara, let us know how they turned out. I've not made this recipe before, but like you all, thought it looked great. And bar cookies are much easier to fix than drop or cut out cookies.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Judy, you're the first to comment on the quotes, thanks! I was telling a friend, as if just posting the recipes weren't enough, I decided to find quotes, too....lol. No, I don't have a busy life....lol

J K Maze said...

yum. I'm going to make them tomorrow morning. You're making me hungry.

Karen H said...

Love cinnamon and love pan cookies! I think I've gained 10 pounds just reading all these yummy recipes...(sigh)...another resolution to add to the list.