December 30, 2009

Holiday Cheer - Mexican Pinwheels and Osyter Cracker Snack

I couldn't decide between these two recipes, so you get them both.

Mexican Pinwheels

Ingredients

8 oz cream cheese, softened
8 oz sour cream
8 0z cheddar cheese, grated
1 small can chopped black olives
1 small can chopped green chilies
Garlic and seasoned salt to taste
1 pkg large flour tortillas
Picante sauce

Directions


Combine all ingredients. Spread evenly on tortillas and roll up. Place in refrigerator, covered, overnight. When ready to serve, slice into 1-inch sections and served with picante sauce.

Oyster Cracker Snack

Ingredients


1 large box oyster crackers
1 pkg Ranch dressing
1 cup oil
1 tsp garlic salt

Directions

Mix all ingredients and place in a 13x9 baking dish. Bake at 450° until all oil evaporates, about 5-10 mins, stirring occasionally.

Tomorrow's recipe: Black-eyed Peas

The Old Year has gone. Let the dead past bury its own dead. The New Year has taken possession of the clock of time. All hail the duties and possibilities of the coming twelve months! ~Edward Payson Powell

8 comments:

Emma Lai said...

Where do you get all of these recipes? It positively boggles my mind!

Judy said...

Mexican Pinwheels look real good. They would be good for any party occasion. Love all your recipes. I do not think I have missed one yet.

Unknown said...

You have been posting a lot of good recipes! I have been saving a lot of them to try! Thanks so much!

LuAnn said...

Wow! These are great recipes, too. Do you do a lot of entertaining?

Jane said...

I agree that the Mexican Pinweheels sound delicious.

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

Well, some of the cookie recipes I got from northpole.com, great Christmas recipe, crafts and other ideas site. Some of the recipes I've actually made..lol. And I have a lot of cookbooks. I probably should have noted the cookbooks I got them from, but didn't. I was trying to find the cookbook these two recipes are from, but couldn't. I think it was a book my nephew's band mothers put together. I've had the Mexican Pinwheels before, but have never made them. And the Osyter Cracker Snack sounded good and an easy dish to put out for a party.

And, no, I don't entertain a lot. I just have lots of recipe books.

A.K.

Karen H said...

Absolutely love those Oyster Cracker snacks. In fact I have to make them every year at Christmas. My recipe has some Dill and Lemon Pepper in it.

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

Congrats to Judy, she won the Mary Balogh Huxtable series. Please contact me at annaklanier@aol.com.

Sorry, I forgot I needed to draw for this prize!