December 15, 2009

Holiday Cheer - Peanut Butter Kisses

WEEKLY WINNER - the winner of my weekly Holiday Cheer drawing (and a Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion and bath gel set) is LuAnn! Congratulations. Next week's prize will be The Wild Rose Press's Holiday Miniature Bundle, featuring my short story A COWBOY'S DREAM. See left for the other five stories included in this Holiday Edition.

Peanut Butter Kisses

Ingredients

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup all-vegetable shortening
1 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
¼ cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
3 ½ cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 (11-oz) package Hershey Kisses



Directions

Preheat oven 375°. Cream together sugars, shortening and peanut butter. Add eggs, milk and vanilla and beat well.

Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to peanut butter mixture. Beat well. Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in additional granulated sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press Kiss into center of each warm cookie. Return to oven and bake 3 minutes longer.

Tomorrow's recipe: Chocolate Chip Pound Cake



Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time. ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peanut Butter! Reese's is my favorite candy, other than pure chocolate. I will be making these for sure!

Karen H said...

I absolutely adore these things, only my recipe calls them 'Peanut Blossoms'. They are so good. Had to watch the bowl of chocolate kisses because my son would always steal a few when my back was turned, then I'd wonder why I didn't have 48 kisses in the bowl for the cookies!

LuAnn said...

Another great recipe to try on my grandkids! I was so excited to win the basket! Thanks so much.

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

Hi Detra, Karen and LuAnn. Yeah, Karen, my granddaughter helped herself to a couple of Kisses. And yesterday, she was biting off the Kisses from the cookies and putting the cookies back...lol. LuAnn, when you have the kids make them, be careful, because the pan is hot when you press the kisses onto the cookies. Lacey did good and didn't burn herself.

Anonymous said...

She is getting more an dmore adorable every day.

I love this recipe, thank you for sharing.

Carla Buchinger