September 13, 2008

Update on Ike

I have not been able to get a hold of my husband, but a friend of my daughter's drove around town and she very nicely drove by our house and it is still standing. I'm certain we have no electricity, but we do have a phone that plugs into the wall, and it should work, but alas DH (dear husband) is not answering.

There is damage in our town, downed trees, signs, messed up buildings, but it appears my house has survived. Hopefully, the wide-range damage is not bad.

~Anna Kathryn

3 comments:

Ciara Gold said...

Oh man, we've been watching the weather channel. Downtown Houston looks awful, all those beautiful buildings with the windows blown out. I'm glad you're safe and hopefully you'll reach your DH soon.

Unknown said...

I have also been watching the weather channel and trying to keep up with the news. Keep in mind all of you guys are in our prayers. Hope you get in touch with hubby soon. If he is like mine he want bother to try to reach you.

Hywela Lyn said...

I'm so glad you'r safe and te damage wasn't quite as bad as it might have been, but I do feel for everyone affected by Ike. As a UK citizen I'm always moaning about our weathe (and the fact we had no summer to speak of this year)but compared to what you've had to put up with over there we get it very easy!