September 29, 2008

Travelling & My Second Book


It’s now Tuesday morning and I’ll be off to work shortly but first I wanted to drop in and say hi.
Now to my passion for travel. While other little girls were playing with dolls, I used to line up the photos my uncle sent back from Africa of wild animals and vast, spectacular landscapes. I grew up knowing I would be leaving New Zealand’s shores sooner rather than later. At seventeen I was one of a very few chosen as school-leaver volunteers to teach in the Pacific Islands. I spent a year teaching in the Fiji Islands then returned to New Zealand to do a degree with a double major in languages. Then I was off again. This time to Italy where I met the man who was to become my husband. I stayed there for nine years. We now live in New Zealand together with our eighteen-year-old son and travel as frequently as possible. I have travelled to forty plus countries and China is next. If you want to see photos of some of the countries I have visited, please go here: http://www.suzanneperazzini.com/Travel.htm
This passion for travel is why I set my books in exotic places. My second book, which came out 11th September, Rough Justice, is set in Zambia where my uncle has a fishing lodge on the Zambezi River. This is a blurb for the book:
When Niki's partner, Logan, is kidnapped by poachers in Zambia, she tumbles into the sordid underbelly of a world where survival reigns and animals are sacrificed for financial gain. In order to rescue her man, she will fight all the way to the top and be stunned by what she finds there.
If you’re interested, you can buy Rough Justice here: http://redrosepublishing.com/bookstore/product_info.php?products_id=226Okay, I’m off to work but will drop by after work in about 10 hours to tell you about my next book which will be out soon and to say goodbye.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Congrats on the release of you second book. I look forward to reading "Rough Justice."

Suzanne said...

Thanks Jane. Please let me know what you think of it. I can take the truth. LOL.

Unknown said...

I would love to travel but have never gotten to. I do a lot of traveling in my books and I love to travel like that.

Suzanne said...

Travelling in books is great. I read all of Nevada Barr's mystery books because each one is set in a separate US national park and I learn so much about them that way. Reading a great way to learn about the world.