September 15, 2008

Ike update: heading home and maybe offline for a while

I have not regained electricity, but my husband thinks we'll get it back today or tomorrow. My town, Deer Park, 3/4 of the town with power now. Anyone wanting some local information can go to the Houston Chronicle website:

http://www.chron.com/

I've seen pictures on AOL and can't believe some of what I'm seeing. Pictures of Seabrook and Kemah are amazing. My mom and brother live south of them and I drive down the road (Hwy 146) all the time to their house. I can say I'm not surprised by it, but am just amazed. I heard that the restaurant my brother works at was flooded and it sits a good 15 feet off the ground. And of course, pictures of Galveston, Port Author, Gilchrist and Beaumont, as well as other areas of Houston don't even give the whole picture. The Southeast portion of Texas will be a long time recovering from this.

Also, I may not have internet. Our phone line has been going in and out and I have my internet through the phone company. So, I'll catch up with you all when I can.

~Anna Kathryn

No comments: