October 28, 2008

Wednesday's Chow - Little Pumpkin Cups

Well, Halloween is just a couple of days away, so I thought I'd do a recipe in celebration of that holiday. I'll confess that I haven't made this recipe yet, but it sure sounds yummy and as it's from a cookbook for kids, it's very easy.

So, here's Little Pumpkin Cups from Betty Crockers' Cookbook for Boys and Girls, page 83.

Ingredients:

2 envelopes (about 1 1/2 ounce each) of whipped topping mix
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 can (16-ounce size) pumpkin (about 1 cup)
Candy Corn

Line 12 muffin cups with baking cups. Prepare the topping mix as directed on envelopes, using a total of 1 cup milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla, and add the cinnamon, salt, cloves, ginger and nutmeg before beating. Fold in the pumpkin with a rubber scraper.

Divide the mixture among the paper-lined cups. Decorate each serving with candy corn. Refrigerate as long as 2 hours or freeze as long as 8 hours and remove to refrigerator 1 hour before serving.

Don't forget to enter my website guestbook contest. All you need to do is log on and tell me one of my recipes for the month (including this on). The guestbook link is at the bottom of my home page: http://www.aklanier.com/. You could win a copy of Skhye Moncrief's "Naked on the Staircase" novella. And scoll down for more information on my other contests and for how you can help the Galveston Library recover from Ike.

~Anna Kathryn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, sounds like a good recipe! Paula Dean mixes a can of pumpkin and a package of French vanilla pudding mix to use as a layer between Gingerbread cakes. Add cool whip on top! But I think my husband might like this recipe too. ;)

LadyVampire2u said...

I bet these are delicious. I'll have to make them some time.