April 28, 2012

Coming Soon - Brenda Novak's Auction for Diabetes Research


Coming May 1st - Brenda Novak's 8th Annual Online Auction for Diabetes Research. If you have not checked out this fantastic fund raiser, you should!  There are over 2,000 items offered up for bidding, from gift baskets, to books (audio, paper and electronic), to eReaders (with books on them), to conference registrations, to once-in-a-lifetime trips to much, much more!

There is bound to be SOMETHING for EVERYONE!  

I have participated both as a bidder and as a donor.  This year, I already have my sights set on a dozen items.  And I have outdone myself by donating not 1, not 2, but 3 of my own baskets and participating with other authors in several more baskets.

There is bound to be SOMETHING for EVERYONE!

My baskets include a pamper yourself with a spa, cook lover's basket and Pride and Prejudice Movie Night (the Colin Firth addition).  I am participating in a Sweethearts of the West basket (cowboy lovers be alert!), a Kid's History basket (really fun to put together),  Seduced by History basket (historical romances galore) and a Kindle Touch basket (chockful of historical e-romances).

Check out the auction's home page HERE.

Did I mention that there is bound to be SOMETHING for EVERYONE.

Do you have a donation for Brenda Novak's Auction?  Tell us about it!

8 comments:

Savannah Chase said...

I'm taking part in this event myself. I've been doing it for a few years now and love it.

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

Savannah, tell us about your basket. I should have asked people to do that--tell us about their baskets. Hmmm, I'll go add that!

Sharla said...

Yes ma'am!!! I donated a goodie basket (link below) with a signed copy of THE REASON IS YOU, a $25 gift card, and some swag. Looking forward to watching the auction again this year! :-)

http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2524584

Caroline Clemmons said...

I always support the auction but have never won anything on which I bid. So kind of you, Anna Kathryn, to gather all the contents for baskets. I'm in two groups for which you collected items, but I only contributed to the one for Sweethearts of the West. You area treasure to do so much for others.

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

I do have a donation in Brenda's auction. Every year since the beginning I've donated a handmade flannel baby quilt. This year it is for a girl.

Mimi Barbour said...

I am taking part in the donations also this year and intend to do so every year from now on. It's a wonderful cause and I wish everyone luck in winning what they bid on.

Danita Moon said...

My name is Danita and I'm one of Brenda's volunteers and we wanted to thank you for helping us in spreading the word on the auction.

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

Hi, Danita! You're very welcome. It's a great cause.