March 23, 2011

Wednesday's Chow - Spicy Seafood Stew

Keeping with my tradition of not eating meat on Friday's during Lent, here's another seafood recipe.

Don't forget to leave a comment to be eligible for my March blog drawing.

Spicy Seafood Stew
Taste of Home Slow Cooker


Ingredients:


2 pounds potatoes
1 pound carrots, diced
2 jars (6 oz each) sliced mushrooms, drained
1 jar (26 oz) spaghetti sauce
1–1½ tsp ground turmeric
1–1½ tsp minced garlic
1 tsp cayenne pepper
¾ tsp salt
1–1½ cups water
1 pound sea scallops
1 pound uncooked, peeled and deveined medium shrimp


Directions:


In a 5-quart slow cooker, combined the vegetables, spaghetti sauce and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 4½ to 5 hours or until potatoes are tender.


Stir in water, scallops and shrimp. Cover and cook 15-20 minutes or ntil scallops are opaque and shrimp turn pink.


Serve with noodles, rice or spaghetti.

9 comments:

Carol L. said...

I was just looking for some new slow cooker recipes yesterday. Since I love Seafood, it sounds perfect. The only problem for me is the tumeric. I can't get used to the taste. I guess I can just leave it out. Thanks for sharing.
Carol L
Lucky4750@aol.com

Pommawolf Emeraldwolfeyes said...

Yummy! I have been looking for a good slow cooker recipe for seafood that I can share with my daughter. And this one is it. My H doesn't care for seafood, but my grown daughter whose still loves the seafood acan pop this her cooker too!
Thank you!

Darcy

pommawolf @ hotmail dot com

colleen m said...

This sounds like something my kids will eat and is gluten free!!

You know what will be in my crockpot Friday ;)

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

Hi, Carol, Darcy and Colleen.

Carol, I leave out ingredients I don't like all the time. I don't like green bell peppers, they taste bitter to me and I never put them in my dishes.

Darcy, I never understood people who 'don't like seafood.' LOL. There's such a variety of them. I pretty much like them all. And I like crockpot recipes, cause they are fix and forget.

Gluten free! I didn't realize. An added benefit!

Anonymous said...

My whole family love seafood. Using a crockpot makes it all the better!

I don't believe I have ever had scallops though. I will have to look that one up. I may have had them at a restaurant, but I know I have never made them at home.

Thank you for the recipes!

Deb
mammy4423@yahoo.com

Lori said...

sounds nummy

Jennifer Mathis said...

oh sounds good but i cant eat the spicy lol.. but oh you tease

meandi09@yahoo.com

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

Hi, Deb and Jennifer.

I like scallops. I don't usually cook them though, I get them in restaurants. I've not made this recipe but I will sometime soon.

I'm with you Jennifer, I don't go for 'real spicy.' I may cut back on the hot stuff here. My husband says I think ketchup is hot...lol. I'm not THAT bad. But spicy is not my normal dish.

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

Congrats to Deb for winning the Love Romances Cafe loop drawing (3-23). Deb wins a Recipe Goodie Bag....easy dinner recipe cookbook, recipes from ME! and some recipes cards from Paula Deen....yummy!