April 6, 2011

Wednesday's Chow - Hot Baked Fruit

Alas, we are still in Lent, so I'm not posting any recipes with meat in them or any dessert recipes. Though I guess this really could be a dessert recipe, it's not on the same vein as chocolate cake and could be used as a side dish.

Hot Baked Fruit


Ingredients:

Boiled water
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 (29 oz) can pear halves, undrained
1 (29 oz) peach halves, undrained
1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks, undrained
1 (17 oz) apricot halves, undrained
1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges, undrained
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup white wine or orange juice
1/2 tsp curry powder

Directions:

 Boil enough water to pour over raisins.  Soak for 10 minutes.  Drain and set aside. Drain fruit, reserving liquids. Mix reserve liquids together and measure out 3/4 cup of sauce. Set aside.

Combine the fruit and raisins in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.  Gradually stir in wine and curry powder.  Fold reserved sauce into fruit, mixing well. Cover and let stand 3 hours.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Serve warm

2 comments:

Mary Preston said...

I have to say I prefer my fruit cold. I don't know if I would ever try this.

marypres@gmail.com

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

It is different. I haven't made it yet, but I do like hot peach, cherry or blackberry cobbler. So, I have had hot fruit before.