November 19, 2008

Carrot Soufflé

With Thanksgiving just a week away, I thought I'd share a recent family holiday 'classic' with you. Turns out, my daughters don't like candied yams - yes, I do wonder if they're my children. My mother passed this recipe onto me a few years back, so I made it one Thanksgiving in place of the yams. It was huge success, so now it's a 'must have food' - along with the green bean casserole. So, give it a try, it's really sweet and yummy!

Carrot Soufflé

2 cups cooked, smashed carrots
1 stick butter
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp cinnamon
3 tbls flour
1 cup sugar
3 eggs, well beaten

Melt butter in warm carrots. In small bowl, mix dry ingredients and add to carrots, mixing well. Add eggs. Mix well. Pour into glass baking dish. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake an additional 25-30 minutes until set.

NOTE: I have a food processor, so I cook the carrots, put them in the processor to ‘smash’ them, then add the other ingredients and mix in the processor.

No comments: