October 12, 2011

Wednesday's Chow - Pineapple Angel Food Cake

This week's guest blogger Jerrie Alexander with "Romancing the Serial Killer," has sent in a great cake recipe. Why is it great?  Well, because it's sooooo easy! Here's what Jerrie had to say about it:

Always watching my waistline and feeding my sugar habit, I found a two-ingredient recipe that couldn't be easier or taste better.
Jerrie Alexander

Pineapple Angel Food cake

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Ingredients:
1- box Angel Food cake mix
1- 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple (in its own juice)
Directions:

Mix well. Yep. That's it. The mix will foam up like a mad scientist's experiment. (My granddaughter loves this part.)
Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam and pour in the mix. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. (Cake will fall as it cooks, but that's normal.)
For something extra, add a little fat free whipped cream to each slice.

Jerrie Alexander
www.jerriealexander.com


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I gotta try that!!!

Caroline Clemmons said...

Yum, sounds tempting.

Barb Han said...

YUMM-O. I'll have to try that!

Jerrie Alexander said...

It's just too easy to not try. The family will love it and the calories are low!

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

Sounds perfect to make for my Bunco group when I'm hostess.

Jackie P said...

My three favorite things...angel food cake, pineapple and EASY!! The perfect recipe:) Thanks, Jerrie!

Jerrie Alexander said...

Thanks for all the visits today and to Anna Kathry for having me.

Babette James said...

Sounds tasty. I love angel food cake and pineapple.

Mary Preston said...

The recipe sounds divine.

Becky said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe with us. I'm going to give this a try.