November 4, 2010

Wednesdays Chow - Shrimp Nachos

Ingredients:

24 large corn tortilla chips
1/2 cup black beans dip
1/4 cup chunky salsa
24 cooked medium shrimp peeled and deveined
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced into 24 slices
1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese


Directions:

Preheat oven to broil. Top each tortilla chips with 1 tsp bean dip, 1/2 tsp salsa, 1 shrimp, 1 avocado slice and about 1 tsp cheese.  Place on baking sheet.

Broil with tops about 5 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese is just melted.  Remove from oven and serve immediately.

3 comments:

Carol L. said...

This sounds great. Thanks for sharing.
Carol L.
Lucky4750@aol.com

Anonymous said...

oooh, yummy! We make nachos all the time with imitation crab (surimi)but I've never made them with shrimp. Usually, shrimp is reserved for Sunday night TV snacking. I'll have to try this instead.

Kimberly Ivey said...

Well...I didn't want to leave an anonymous comment! LOL

As I said in my previous post, we make nachos all the time with imitation crab (surimi)but I've never made them with shrimp. Usually, shrimp is reserved for Sunday night TV snacking. I'll have to try this instead.