November 17, 2010

Wednesday's Chow - Peachy Pork Chops

I'm back. I was out of town last week and forgot to set up a recipe before I headed out, so sorry about missing Wednesday's Chow's recipe.  I fixed this for my husband and me a couple of weeks ago and we really liked it.  The preserves gives the chops a nice sweet flavor.  Add rice and green beans and you have a great, easy meal.

Peachy Pork Chops


Ingredients:

4 (4-oz) boneless loin pork chops
¼ cup onion, chopped
¼ cup peach or apricot preserves
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp salt

Directions:

Coat non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add pork chops to pan and cook on each side until done, about 6 minutes. Remove from pan and keep warm.

Add onion to pan and sauté until lightly browned. Stir in preserves, soy sauce, garlic and salt. Cook, stirring for until thickened, about 3minutes. Return pork chops to the pan, turning to coat with sauce.

Serve with warm rice.

6 comments:

Maeve Greyson said...

Yum! I love pork chops and this sounds quick and easy. I just might cause my husband to faint and actually cook for him tonight!
;-)

Susan M said...

I love the trailer. Can't wait to read it. Oh, and the pork chops sound good, too.

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

Hi Maeve and Susan. Thanks for stopping by. It is a good recipe.

Thanks, Susan. I figured I better get busy promoting the story! The cookbook will be free and availalbe to download from my website.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. I'm going to try it with turkey cutlets.

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

Liz, let us know how that turns out. Sound like a good way to us leftover turkey!

robynl said...

my this sounds delicious as I've not eaten supper yet, lol.