April 7, 2010

Wednesday's Chow - Potato Skins

Well, I don't know what's up with blogspot or my computer, but the 'new post' page wouldn't open so I could post...which I tried to do last night and earlier this morning.  I finally had to borrow my daughter's computer to post.

After last month's special Smucker's recipes, I'm back to my regular schedule of Wednesday's Chow. So, here's an appetizer for the first week of the month.

POTATO SKINS

Ingredients
 
4 large potatoes, baked
3 tbsp oil
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 cup cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Bacon Bits (optional)

Directions

Halve potatoes lengthwise and scoop out pulp so shells are 1/4-inch thick.  Mix remaining ingredients and brush over skins.  Sprinkle with cheese and bacon bits, if using.  Bake at 475 degrees for 10 minutes or until crips.


Don't forget to leave a comment to be eligible for this month's prize....a book bag full of books.  And be sure to visit my website to enter the contest there.  www.aklanier.com

Anna Kathryn 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Anna, this sounds like an awesome recipe, I will have to try it. You always have some good sounding recipes on your blog! I have saved a lot of them!

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Andrea I said...

It sounds like a great recipe, but I don't usually do the cooking at my house.

Chelsea B. said...

Potatoe skins are THE BEST! Just ate some last night. Yum.