1 angel food cake (I buy store ,made)
1 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 8 oz whipped topping, thawed
1 cup sugar
1 can blueberry pie filling
1) Combine cream cheese, whipped topping and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
2) Cut cake in half lengthwise (parallel to the counter) so you have 2 layers.
3) Cover bottom layer with half of the cream cheese mixture, then replace the top layer of cake.
4) Cover rest of cake with remaining mixture.
5) Pour blueberry filling over all.
Refrigerate leftover cake.
I mean, does it get any easier than that?
When I was younger, I didn't like blueberries. When I was staying in Finland for that year of school, they ate a lot of blueberries and when I told people I didn't like them, they'd say, 'try this, you'll like it.' So, I finally got to the point where I'd tell them I was allergic to them. They stopped trying to push them on me after that. But now, I eat fresh blueberries and I find I like them, as well as canned. This cake is really good, and really sweet, so slice small pieces.
What do you do when offered or given a food you don't like? Leave a comment to be eligible for my monthly prize (and your e-mail if your blogspot page doesn't have a link to it).
Anna Kathryn Lanier