November 13, 2012

The Next Big Thing


Thanks to Gerri Bowen for inviting me to be part of her The Next Big Thing blog hop.  I have a confession to make, I have not been writing like I should for the past year or two.  The Next Big Thing for me is a story I’ve been working on for a couple of years…one of three stories I’ve been working on for a couple of years.  I could have had my choice of stories, but I have worked on this story the most recent, so here it is:

What is your working title of your book? LAST NAME


Where did the idea come from for the book? I’m not sure, but it could have been the song Last Name by Carrie Underwood.  I really don’t recall if I had the idea before or after hearing her song.


What genre does your book fall under
? Contemporary Romance

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition
? I have no idea. Hmmm, but Daniel Craig would be nice. He does a pretty good cowboy.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book
? Kaitlyn Parker thought she’d left her heartache behind twelve years ago, but when she runs into Gage Jessup, the man who betrayed her love, she never thought the encounter would end with no memory of the night and ring on her finger.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? Neither, most likely. I’ll send it into The Wild Rose Press for consideration.


How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? Uh….still working on that first draft. This book was first started 2 or so years ago….really need to finish it.


What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? Unknown.
Who or what inspired you to write this book? The characters and the plot, really. Oh, and the song…
 
What else about your book might pique the reader's interest
? The hero is a cowboy vet, sexy and demanding.  He’s in the wrong here, though, so he has to grovel to get the heroine.  I keep flip flopping on the heroine, what her occupation is, and will they end up in the hero’s hometown or not?  There’s a lot of bad history for the heroine in that town, so I they have to overcome that.  But they’ll work it out...after all, this is a romance!


 
Now, for those I’ve tagged. Please check out their blogs the week of November 19-23.

J. D. Faver, multi-published author, including the “Bad” Series set in Texas: Bad Medicine, Bad Karma, Bad Vibes. http://www.jdfaver.com/blog.html

Caroline Clemmons, also writes about Texas and has multiple sexy cowboy books out. http://carolineclemmons.blogspot.com

Marie Higgins, multi-published in Inspirational Romance. http://mariehiggins84302.blogspot.com

Sheree Coleman released her debut novel just a few months ago…Carnage. Look out, the Zombies have arrived!
http://cheri-spincycletexas.blogspot.com/

 

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi, Anna. Love those cowboy books, and yours sounds intriguing. Can't wait for the finished product!