June 6, 2008

More on Salvation Bride

Well, as "Computer Woes" will tell you (see below), my computer is giving me woe. I had to upload my cover at my mom's and thought to add more information once I got home. No can do. Computer won't let me. So, here's the information I wanted to put with the cover below:

The hot dusty town of Salvation, Texas has more than its share of secrets in 1873 when Laura Ashton's stage rolls into town. Sheriff David Slade has no idea what baggage his mail-order bride is bringing into his life. Throw in the nightmares from his Civil War days and he's got more than courting to contend with. Laura's a woman ahead of her time, a woman trained in medicine. And she's got a will that could move mountains. Unfortunately, the only mountains in Salvation are in Sheriff Slade's memory. Can the determined doctor heal his pain, or will the dark secret in her past turn up to steal his Salvation Bride?

"Salvation Bride" will be an electronic book released this fall, I should hear more on the exact date in a few weeks. It's a 29,000 word Historical, set in the fictional town of Salvation, Texas, which is near Bryan/College Station (home of the Texas A & M Aggies).

It takes place 7-8 years after the end of the Civil War and David is still living with the repercussions of it. Laura is a woman ahead of her time, as the blurb says. She was trained as a doctor by her uncle, whom she lived with after tragedy befell her parents.

I'm very proud of this book and can't wait for its release.

~ Anna Kathryn

No comments: