April 14, 2009

Wednesday's Chow - Garlic Mushroom Chicken

Here's another delicious, inexpensive, easy meal. Just put the ingredients into the crockpot and forget about the meal until serving time.


Garlic Mushroom Chicken

1 whole fryer chicken
1 (2.1 oz) pkg. Recipe Secrets/Garlic Mushroom flavor*
1 tablespoons olive oil
2 ozs. Fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 (16-oz) pkg. Baby carrots
1 teaspoon salt

*I've not always been able to find this mix, so I use the herb mix (I think it's the Herb and Garlic Mix).

1.Rub olive oil over whole chicken and coat with Garlic Mushroom mix.
2.Place in slow cooker with fresh mushrooms, onion, garlic and carrots. Salt vegetables.
3.Cook on low 4-6 hours.

Serves 4-6.

Serve with salad and dinner rolls.

Anna Kathryn Lanier
More than Tumbleweeds
Heartwarming, Sensual Westerns

http://www.aklanier.com/

7 comments:

Tessy said...

Looks great...I'll have to try it on the fam!

Emma Lai said...

Sounds yummy and easy to make!

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

I've made it a couple of times and it is yummy and easy to do.

Donna Marie Rogers said...

Mmm, this sounds delicious! Though I might cut it down to one clove of garlic. *G*

Mary Ricksen said...

That sound delicious. I can't wait to try it!

Caffey said...

We love Chicken here and of course we love the garlic no matter the smell! I'm going to try it out (or have my daughter cook it! Thanks! I love easy!

Donna Caubarreaux said...

Geez, I'm trying to figure out how much is 2 oz. of Mushrooms. We love mushrooms, so I might add more.

Thanks for the recipe!