April 22, 2009

Wednesday's Chow - Peach Pie

Jeannie is my mother-in-law, born and raised in the deep south. She does the kind of cooking I only think about....from scratch. I love going to her house for visits. Between my father-in-law's bbq-ing and her from-scratch goodies, we always know we'll get fed good!

So, here's a tried and true Jeannie recipe:

Jeannie's Peach Pie

Crust:
1 ¼ cup flour
½ tsp salt
½ cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons sour cream

Filling:
3 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1/3 cup sour cream

3 peeled, sliced peaches

Put flour, salt, butter and sour cream into Cuisinart or blender. Blend until they form a ball, then pat out into a buttered pie tin and bake 10 min. at 425°.

Meanwhile, beat egg yolks slightly and combine with sugar, flour and sour cream until well mixed.

When crust is done arrange peaches over it. Then pour filling over peaches.

Cover with foil and reduce heat to 350° and bake 35 min.

Remove the foil and bake 10 min. more or until filling is set.

Anna Kathryn Lanier
More Than Tumbleweeds
Heartwarming, Sensual Westerns
http://www.aklanier.com/
http://www.thewildrosepress.com/

4 comments:

Mary Ricksen said...

Now that sounds good, unusual and yummy!

Donna Maloy said...

Wow, does that sound good -- and easy, too.

Caroline Clemmons said...

Not like my recipe, but I'll bet it's yummy. Made me hungry for a peach.

Congratulations again on your great review.

Caroline

Trisha said...

I'm a Deep South cook too! I love our food and her peach pie sounds yummy!!