August 19, 2009

Wednesday's Chow - No Bake Cookies

First off - Today I'm blogging at Seduced by History on doing Historical Research. If you leave a comment on your secret for doing research, you could win one of two books I'm giving away.

I don't know what it's like where you live, but here in south Texas, it's HOT! You wake up to 85 degrees and it only gets hotter as the day goes by. Not the time to be baking cookies in the oven. So, here's a no-bake cookie recipe.

NO BAKE CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

2 cups sugar
1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup)
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons cocoa
3 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
2 cups oatmeal
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

In a heavy saucepan, mix sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Heat to a boil, then cook for 1 minute. Remove from stove. Add peanut butter, oatmeal and vanilla. Stir well. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let cool and enjoy.

Anna Kathryn Lanier
Monthly Prizes to Win!
http://www.aklanier.com/
http://annakathrynlanier.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

CJ Parker said...

OMG! We used to make these in Home Ec when I was a kid. I'd forgotten all about them. I used to love them back then. I'll have to make a batch and see if still do. LOL

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

Let us know, CJ if they are as good as you remember!

Unknown said...

Anna--I've made about a milllion of these cookies. I always tripled the recipe--when the kids were still home. I'd forgotten about them--excuse me, gotta go see if I have cocoa and oatmeal. Yummm!Thanks for reminding me. Celia

Emma Lai said...

Does the kitchen smell as yummy, though?

Joanna Aislinn said...

OMG! No bake chocolate chip AND PB? Can't wait to try these! Thanks for posting this! If you're a fan of zucchini or chicken breast, stop by my site for a few of my favorites :)

www.joannaaislinn.com/recipes

Joanna Aislinn
NO MATTER WHY
The Wild Rose Press Jan 10, 2010
www.joannaaislinn.com
www.joannaaislinn.wordpress.com

CJ Parker said...

Okay, I remembered something when I was making these cookies today. My home-ec teacher always made us toast the oatmeal in the oven on a cookie sheet for about ten minutes. It make the oatmeal crisp and surpirsingly it stays fairly crisp in the cookies.
And, yes, they were as good as when I was a kid. Hubby even likes them.

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

Thanks for the tip, CJ. And, Joann, I'll stop by and check out the chicken recipe.