August 12, 2009

Wednesday's Chow - Chilled Apple-Rice Salad

Welcome to Wednesday's Chow. Today I have a salad recipe. Add some marinated chicken breasts and a vegetable and you a cool summer meal.

Before we get to the recipe I wanted to remind you of my monthly contests:

The first one is for my blog. Win a Victorian Bath Salt set by leaving a comment on my "Click to Give" post (link on the right). The Second contest is on my website, http://www.aklanier.com/. You can win six romance novels by commenting in my guest book (Link found at the bottom of my HOME page). Just tell me who your favorite heorine is, real or ficition. More information and a list of the books can be found on the CONTEST page. Both contests run through August 31st.

CHILLED APPLE-RICE SALAD

3 cups chilled cooked rice
2 tablespoons golden raisins
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 Granny Smith Apple, chopped into bite-size pieces
¼ cup chopped, toasted pecans
1 green inion, minced

Dressing:

3 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon curry powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Mix together salad ingredients and chill at least two hours. Combine dressing ingredients, chill 1 hour or more. Just before serving, toss salad with dressing.

Serves 6.

Anna Kathryn Lanier
http://www.aklanier.com/
WHERE TUMBLEWEEDS HANG THEIR HATS

2 comments: