January 1, 2013

Resolutions and Writer's Workshop

WIN REGISTRATION FOR
"THE HERO'S JOURNEY" WORKSHOP
See below for details - drawing will be on Jan. 4th
 
 
 

Do you make New Year's Resolutions?  Do you keep them? I know in the past I have made them, but I more than likely didn't keep them. However, I haven't made any resolutions in the past few years and I won't make any this year.  But I do have plans...goals. 

One is to lose more weight. In the past 18 months, I have lost 25 pounds. This is good. I needed to lose it. But I'd like to lose 10-15 more pounds (the amount depends on how much I gained this holiday season, as I have not stepped on the scale to find out, lol).  To accomplish this goal, I want to eat more fruits and vegetables, which has been a resolution of mine the past I didn't keep.  I participate in Zumba and I walk, though not as much in the past month as I want.  So, back into the walking mode!

I also need to set writing goals.  For the past two years, I have not written much, if at all.  RWA will kick me out soon for not being productive. But, I will admit, the past two years have been rough on me with family issues, mainly me mother's illness and death, followed by my grandfather's death a few months later.  So, now, it's time to set aside 'writing' time!

I also need to set 'reading goals.'  I have not read nearly as much in the past few years I have in the past...and I do believe that reading good books helps you write good books!

 What about you? Do you actually make resolutions?  Do you keep them? Or do you set goals?



Online Workshop - January 2 - 29, 2013

Starting Jan. 2nd, as it turns out, I am teaching an online workshop "The Hero's Journey via the TITANIC.  This class is a month long and will use Christopher Volger's and Joseph Campbell's guidelines on The Hero's Journey, as well as in-depth lecctures on The Hero's Journey as it was used by James Cameron for the blockbuster movie TITANIC.  Register now for this workshop at http://www.fthrw.com/workshops/wkshop_2013_01.php or wait...I'll draw a winner for free registration for the workshop on Friday, Jan. 4th. Just leave a comment (WITH YOUR EMAIL) to be eligible for the drawing!

Happy New Year's!

Anna Kathryn

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I make resolutions all the time and never keep them. However, the past five years I have made none. This year I didn't make any resolutions, I consider them goals as well. Writing goals, a word count daily, blog once a week, lose 45 pounds to reach my goal weight. Journal more, catch up on my scrapbooks and crochet my first afghan. These are all things I want to do, so I hope I can stick to them and try my best to reach these goals.

Good luck with yours and I hope you have a bright and successful 2013!!

Tonya
author_tonya_callihan@hotmail.com

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

Tonya, I just stepped on the scale, OMG...it's not fair! I gained 10 pounds...okay, it's at night, so I need to re-weigh myself in the morning. It'll probably be a few pounds lighter.

Good luck with your goals!

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

I set goals for the new year. #Try to monitor how much time I'm chatting on the yahoo groups, blogs, etc and concentrate on finishing few chapters of my MS before playing. :)

I'd love to lose 25 pounds. Why is it so easy to gain the weight and a struggle to lose it? The scale is like a scary monster and I've been avoiding it at all cost. And I'm sure my dryer is making my slacks shrink. lol

Good luck with your goals!

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Losing wieght is awesome. Yay you! I don't do resolutions either, but I do have one continual goal--to get stronger as a writer. No doubt this will continue for the rest of my life. LOL

vonnie.davis at ymail.com

Unknown said...

Haha...yes Anna...never weigh yourself at night! I always do it first thing in the morning.

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

Congratulations to Tonya, she won the drawing for the free workshop!