June 3, 2012

Going on Hiatus

My life has been, well I was going to say turned upside down, but that's not entirely true. It's just that a bunch of stuff has been dumped in my lap lately.  As many of you may know, my mother died in April.  Lately, I have had had to take over the care of my 97-year-old grandfather. He was living with my mother and brother.  He is in need of being in a nursing home and that is what I'm working on now.  I also need to work on cleaning out my mother and grandfather's house so we can put it on the market or rent it out or something like that.  In addition, I'm heading for a 2 week vacation in just a few days.

Due to all this, I've decided to take a hiatus from my blog. I hope when I return I am able to make more posts and be more active on it.  I'll be returning in July. In the meantime, I hope everyone has a great June and beginning of summer!


5 comments:

Mary Preston said...

Thinking of you!!

Caroline Clemmons said...

Anna Kathryn, you deserve a nice vacation. You're having a rough year. Bless you!

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

Thank you, Mary and Caroline. I am looking forward to my trip to Tennessee. It'll be me, my daughter and two grandkids...the ones I don't see very often. Fun! I'm just hoping we have Papa settled be the time I need to leave.

Christine Ashworth said...

Hugs, hon. We'll all still be here when you get back. Your world is rocking right now. Take the time you need, even if it's more than you think you have. You won't regret spending more time; you might regret not spending enough time.

Hugs again!

Kayelle Allen said...

Change is not easy, just inevitable. I wish you the very best as you make these decisions. Cyber hugs coming your way.