September 22, 2010

Wednesday Chow - Pork and Apples

Well, I didn't mean to take last week off, but Wednesday snuck up on me and passed me by before I knew it.  The I realized there's five Wednesdays in September, so I'll still be able to post four recipes this month.

Can you believe that summer is almost over?  Tomorrow is the first day of autumn...okay, weather wise, down here in south Texas, it doesn't feel like autumn is almost upon us.  But nevertheless, I'm putting up a delicious autumn recipe - Pork and Apples, for the slow cooker...so you can toss it in and forget about it.

Campbell's Golden Mushroom Pork and Apples

Ingredients:

2 cans Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
4 large Granny Smith apples, sliced
2 large onions, sliced
8 boneless pork chops, 3/4 inch thick

Directions:

Mix soup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire and thyme in slow cooker.  Add apples, onions and pork.

Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 9 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours.

There's still time to send in your recipe for the recipe contest.  Find out more about it here.

No comments: