September 5, 2012

Wednesday's Chow - Three Bean Salad

I have never really like Italian Dressing, so I've never much liked Three Bean Salads, but this one is really good. I'm not sure why, but I do like this.  I have used WishBone low-cal Italian Dressing when I've made it, the last time just this weekend for the Labor Day BBQ with family and friends! Oh, also, I really, really dislike green bell peppers, especially when cooked. So I tend to leave them out. But I don't mind red bell peppers. The first time I made this, I put red bell peppers in it, this weekend, I was out.  The are good and they add color to the salad!

Three Bean Salad
1 15-oz can cannellini beans, drained, and rinsed
1 15-oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 celery stalks, chopped
½ cup red onion
1 green or red bell pepper, chopped
½ finely chopped parsley
1 cup store-bought light Italian dressing 

Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Pour dressing over salad. Refrigerate overnight.
 
Anna Kathryn Lanier

No comments: