by Juliette Springs
The temperature is rising and as we spend more time outdoors, it's a perfect time for traveling. Since I just blew my budget going to Vegas and Los Angeles, I have to travel the cheapest way possible—the movies! Movies are the cheapest way to travel. That's right, I said movies. Think about it, you meet different people, see different places, all from the comforts of home or a movie theater. Amazing, isn't it? Whenever my finances allow I'll continue my “in-person” travels to Europe, Egypt, South America... but until then I'm content to travel via movies. This is the time of year that my movie traveling is even more fun. In a few days one of my favorite times of year will start. Summer Blockbuster Movie Season. On May 4th, The Avengers will be released. In honor of this glorious travel event I decided to share my favorite movie "vacations."
My top picks are listed below:
1. 1. Soul Food—Powerful movie about family and forgiveness
2. Interview with The Vampire—One of the best vampire movies EVER (Tom Cruise at his best).
3. The Color Purple—The relationship between sisters (I still cry when I watch this movie)
4. Any Harry Potter Movie—An abused teenager who discovers he inherited magic and later destroys an evil wizard.
5. The Blade Series—Wesley Snipe sas an ass kicking vampire hunter (who's also a vampire)
6. She's All That—A classic 90's teenage flick- about love, peer pressure and acceptance
7. Clueless—Only one of the best teen flicks ever
8. Forrest Gump—A classic, Tom Hanks at his best
9. Underworld series—Another kick ass vampire/werewolf movie
10. Constantine—Supernatural elements, a hint of romance, a lot of action (plus I love Keanu Reeves)
11. The Matrix series—No explanation needed (and more Keanu Reeves)
1. Clash of the Titans (2010 version)
2. Twilight Saga- New Moon (my favorite out of this series)
In need of a "vacation" check out some of these flicks from your dvd rental company of choice or from your local library. Feeling adventurous-venture out to the nearest movie theater and travel to exotic locales.
What are some of your favorite movies?
Coming May 16, 2012
Be careful what you look for...
All her life Victoria wanted to meet her missing, father….certain he had the answers she was seeking. Fueled with thoughts of anger and revenge it wasn't until her mother's death she embarked on the journey to find him. Her journey leads her into the arms of her childhood friend, Ivan-the only man she lets close to her heart. He understands her and has always been her confidant. But would he continue to be if she revealed all of her secrets and the real reason she's searching for her father.
Ivan was weary of living a lie. Unable to walk away from family obligations, he's been forced to deceive the only woman he's cared about ….who, he realizes, is his mate. Ivan knows he's doing the unforgivable and it’s just a matter of time before she finds out the truth. He can't resist the chemistry between them nor deny the sensuous passion he experiences with Victoria.
A heated encounter seals the fate of Victoria and Ivan. After discovering the true depth of Ivan’s deception, Victoria must decide if she can truly trust Ivan and trust that the mate’s bond they share is enough to protect their relationship... from her father’s wrath and Ivan’s ex-lover.
Purchase your copy May 16, 2012 at http://www.soulmatepublishing.com/
The darker side of romance
Follow me on Twitter @JulietteSprings